Montreat College will provide reasonable accommodations to known disabilities whether visual, hearing, mobility, medical, learning, or other of otherwise qualified applicants and students.
Eligible students should follow these steps:
- Identify him/herself to the Director of Student Success (Belk 218 or phone extension 3638).
- Submit to the Director of Student Success current documentation (not older than three years) of his/her disability.
- Be willing to participate in additional evaluations to confirm the disability, if requested.
- Provide clear recommendations for accommodations from a professional care provider.
- Request in writing the specific accommodations needed to enable his/her academic access.
The Director of Student Success, in conjunction with other appropriate personnel, will assess a student’s documentation and determine the reasonableness of the requested accommodations. The Director serves as a liaison between students and faculty/staff working individually with students to develop and implement a plan for academic accessibility. As part of such a plan, students may be directed to the Counseling Center, Health Services, the Career Development Office, the Writing Center, and/or departmental tutoring.
The Director of Student Success communicates with the appropriate faculty and staff regarding the specified accommodations and works with the student and/or his/her instructors to ensure that the plan for academic access is followed.